Standard Book Design
Designer’s choice for fast turnaround and a simple yet professional layout. This level of composition includes traditional design elements and works best for manuscripts consisting of basic text only, with no images, tables, lists, or text that must be offset from the main body.
When you purchase the Standard interior design option, you may choose from the following basic elements:
- Trim Size: 5×8, 5.25×8, 5.5×8.5, 6×9, or 8.5×11.
- Main Body Font: Minion Pro (our default font), Cambria, Garamond, Calisto MT, Times New Roman, Georgia, Palatino Linotype, Bookman Old Style, Calibri, Arial, Tahoma, and Trebuchet MS.
- Main Body Font Size: 12pt or 13pt.
Let Our Designers Do the Rest!
- Page and margin settings, including gutters, to best suit the needs of your manuscript.
- Front Matter, including proper setup of your title page, half-title page, copyright notice and disclaimer, acknowledgments, dedication, table of contents, preface, foreword, or other introductory pages.
- Chapter headings will be standardized with a common font, size, and layout.
- Authors may choose to include a single-level table of contents created from chapter headings.
- Running heads will alternate author name/book title. (You may also choose no running head.)
- Page numbers will be automated and set in running feet.
- All fonts will be standardized according to in-house style guidelines.
- Text will be fully justified; paragraphs will be indented; and line spacing will be set to single.
- All layouts include a FREE printer-ready PDF for publication or print. You may use this file to submit directly to your publisher or printer!
I’ve been extremely pleased with the work of Integrative Ink and the professionalism of its employees. When formatting my book, they made great suggestions and even went as far as to create different options for the back cover for me to choose from. The extra work showed great creativity and a willingness to go a step further than what was necessary to make an outstanding end product.Ross Inman, The Path of Saints
Free Sample Format!
We will provide you with a free custom sample format and quote (this includes a printer-ready PDF), along with an initial consultation with a designer. Our free sample layout allows you to review professional design choices or request revisions to the basic layout before making a final decision or finalizing your project details. Formatting quotes will include total job fee, turnaround, and possible start dates. If you are already working with a publisher or printer, we will work within their specific layout guidelines. (There is no obligation to purchase a service.)
All listed prices are base rates and may change based on manuscript page count or custom requirements.